Easter is a time to relish delicious chocolate treats with family and friends! You can surely enjoy the treats, but in moderation to avoid damaging your teeth this Easter holiday.
Did You Know About These Fun Easter Facts?
- In America, $1.9 billion is spent on candy for this holiday. Easter ranks second on the list of the biggest ‘candy holiday’ just behind Halloween.
- As per the National Confectioner’s Association, in 2001, seven billion pounds of candy were consumed by Americans on Easter.
- During the Easter holiday, Americans purchase 700 million marshmallow Peeps which makes Peeps the most sought after non-chocolate Easter candy.
- 16 billion jelly beans are manufactured for Easter alone! That’s a sufficient amount of jelly beans for filling a plastic egg, equivalent to the measurement of a nine-story building!
- Every year 90 million Easter chocolate bunnies are made. 76% of Americans choose to eat the ears first, while 5% bite off the feet first, and 4% consume the tail first.
You should be mindful that all items should be savored in moderation, and holidays such as Easter should offer us the cue to properly care for our dental hygiene, no matter how difficult it may be.
Healthy Easter Basket Ideas for You
Traditional Easter baskets are laden with sugary stuff that cause stress to parents and the tooth fairy. If you’re considering gifting healthy Easter baskets to younger ones this year, or are personally trying to do away with over-indulgence on sweet treats, try filling the basket with a few of these healthier alternatives, edible and otherwise.
- Water Bottle
Drop in some pieces to supply both nutrition and natural color. A good, nutritious snack combo can include some apples and bananas coupled with nut butter. Get creative by adding a handful of strawberries inside some plastic eggs. Dried fruit are also fun for kids and fit nicely in an Easter basket.
Teabags are a healthy alternative for adults to cut back on the sugary soda drinks. Get a flavor most suited to the receiver and compliment with a fresh tea mug. Another thoughtful and fun inclusion to a healthy Easter basket can be coffee beans coupled with a coffee mug.
Offer the gift of hydration to your loved ones. An infuser water bottle can be a good way to consume flavored water, especially if your loved one is firm on limiting or giving up soda.
Avoid a Dental Disaster this Easter
Easter treats don’t need to wreck your smile! Enjoy your treats and exercise these important dental tips to defend your teeth.
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and also floss twice daily.
- If you are consuming sugary snacks, try to rinse with water afterward.
- If you are undergoing dental treatment, try to follow your dentist’s recommendation.
- Don’t forget to schedule an earliest possible dental appointment!
Wishing You All Happy Easter Egg Hunt from Plaza Dental Group:
Dr. Steffany Mohan is the Owner of Plaza Dental Group and is a leading dentist in Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Mohan is an expert in implant, family and cosmetic dentistry, is Invisalign certified and has gained a reputation of excellence in the dentistry community. Plaza Dental Group has built a reputation for excellence and its close doctor-patient relationships, which has made them one of the premier offices of Iowa dentists