Cosmetic dentistry refers to any type of dental procedure that improves the appearance of the gums, teeth, or bite. In many cases, the functionality of the teeth also improves.
These procedures range from teeth whitening to porcelain veneers to bonding to dental implants. Cosmetic dentistry comes with both health and social benefits that include the following:
• More confidence and better self-image. Many people who seek out cosmetic dentistry are self-conscious about their smiles. An unpleasant smile can have a significant impact on both personal and professional success. People will hide their teeth in photos and take other measures to avoid showing them, such as hiding their faces when they laugh. Improving a smile gives a lot of individuals more confidence.
• Restored youthful appearance. When teeth have aged significantly, they can affect a person’s overall appearance. Restoring a smile makes a huge difference when it comes to bringing back that young appearance.
• Whiter teeth. There are a number of different causes of stained teeth including smoking cigarettes and drinking large quantities of tea or coffee. Cosmetic dentistry can convert these teeth back to their original white color.
• Replaced teeth. Dentistry procedures can be used to replace missing teeth with artificial teeth seamlessly. No one can tell the difference between a duplicate tooth and a real tooth.
• Improved dental health. Veneers and tooth-colored fillings made of tooth-like materials such as porcelains and composite resins are both safe and predictable. For many people, they both look and react more like natural teeth than other available options.
• Better general health. There are a number of conditions and pains that can result from dental issues such as joint pain, neck strain, ear issues, and severe headaches. As such, correcting the dental issue also alleviates the resulting problem.