Teaching your child the importance of maintaining proper dental hygiene is crucial, and it is best that you do it while they are still young.
Books are a perfect way to get your child excited about taking care of their pearly whites!
Here are ten of the best books for teaching children to brush their teeth daily.
1) The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss: This book will tell your child exactly why his teeth are so important and what he should do to ensure that they stay healthy throughout his lifetime.
2) Flossy and Toothy Save Your Smile by Melissa Larsen: These cute characters make dental hygiene sound like a fun activity!
3) Who Needs Teeth by Sally Huss: Your child will grasp why taking care of his teeth is a must and why we just can’t live without them.
4) Sesame Street Ready, Set, Brush: A colorful pop-up book by Che Rudko. This friendly pop-up book with Sesame Street characters illustrates why daily brushing and regular dental visits will give you a dazzling smile!
5) Brush Your Teeth Please A Pop-Up Book by Leslie McGuire: This book has a chimp that enjoys brushing his teeth daily and a shark that flosses practically all the time. This is the easiest way to get them to try it out themselves!
6) The Tooth Book: A Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums by Edward Miller
This book is very informative and will answer all the questions that your kids might have regarding cavities, visits to the dentists, and keeping teeth clean and healthy.
7) The Teeth that Looked for a New Mouth: A Story of a Boy Who Didn’t Like to Brush his Teeth by Jill Jones. They will learn why you need to look after your teeth and this will save them from problems in the future.
8) Open Wide – Tooth School Inside by Laurie Keller: This book is full of fun facts and gorgeous illustrations that make it fun for your child to learn about how teeth and how to look after them.
9) Brush, Brush, Brush by Alicia Padron: A book of rhymes with great illustrations that will make brushing one of your child’s favorite activities!
10) The School Play by Rosemary Wells: This is a classroom story of a child’s play where they play different characters like toothpaste, floss, dentist, cavity and so on, making it a cool yet educational way to learn about dental hygiene.
To know more on your childs oral health, contact pediatric dentist in Des Moines, Plaza Dental Group or call us at 515.612.7148