With Halloween retreats just around the corner, it’s a good time to think about dental health for you and your family, especially kids. Candy treats rule the day – but that doesn’t mean you need to damage your kids’ teeth. Halloween is also a good occasion to tell (or remind) your kids that candy and other sweets can cause cavities.
To keep cavities away and protect your child’s smile this Halloween, PDG’s leading dentist Dr. Steffany Mohan recommends taking these simple steps:
• Visit the dentist.
• Limit the frequency of your child’s sugary treats or snacks consumption between meals. Serve snacks that will not harm your child’s teeth, such as vegetables, cheese, nuts or seeds.
• It is best to eat sugary treats at the end of the meal when your mouth is still full of saliva. Saliva helps to wash away the sugars and acids.
• Drinking a glass of water after eating a sugary treat will also help wash away some of the sugars and acids.
• Avert using soft, sticky treats that get stuck between teeth.
• Brush and floss before going to bed.
For cosmetic dentistry, and your complete dental health care contact DM Smiles.com or call (515) 612- 7284
Have a safe and Spooktacular Halloween! In any case, if you’re too stocked with candies then PDG is offering you a buy back offer for our Troops.
Dr. Steffany Mohan is the Owner of Plaza Dental Group and is a leading dentist in Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Mohan is an expert in implant, family and cosmetic dentistry(including dental implants andTeeth Whitening), is Invisalign certified and has gained a reputation of excellence in the dentistry community.