It includes cancers that affect the tongue, lips, floor of the mouth, hard palate and cheeks.
Here are7 early signs of the disease that you should not ignore if you want to successfully treat it:
- Swellings, lumps or rough spots in your mouth, neck or jaw that do not disappear even after 3 weeks are one of the first signs that you could be developing mouth cancer.
- Ulcers or red or white patches that have a velvety texture are one of the first signs that crop up. If the patches do not heal in 3 weeks, it is highly probable that oral cancer is starting to develop.
- People who suffer from this cancer experience difficulty in chewing and swallowing, moving the jaw or tongue and speaking in the early stages. If this occurs, it is important to take prompt action and get it checked by a doctor.
- Sores in the mouth, neck and face that bleed persistently and do not heal within 2 weeks need to be checked as they are also symptoms of oral cancer.
- Another symptom of oral cancer is constant bleeding in your mouth that cannot be explained.
- Loss of feeling or pain in areas like your mouth, neck, face and ear are other indicators that oral cancer could be developing.
- Oral cancer patients also experience chronic sore throat in the early stages. The sore throat can also be accompanied by a lump in your throat. Once this symptom shows up, it is best to get it checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.
For more assistance call us at 515-612-7148 today!!
Posts You May Also Like:
- Oral Cancer
- Effects of Smoking and Alcohol on Oral Health
- Oral Cancer Awareness Month: How You Can Reduce the Risk