We are aware that a lot of kids fear going to the dentist. They always associate it with pain, and you probably always encounter some kind of drama before you take them to their appointment.
Since your kid’s oral health is at stake, you can calm their fears about the dentist. We have listed some cartoon icons that will show your children that getting that checkup really is not as horrific as they may imagine it to be:
• Spongebob Squarepants- There is a book that shows Spongebob getting his 6-month checkup. It is a very interesting children’s book that you can read to your kids, and it will make them less apprehensive about seeing the dentist.
• Dora The Explorer-In an episode of Dora the Explorer, she talks about her good experience at the dentist’s office. She learns more useful things she never knew about her teeth. Your kids could also learn from this story and put aside their fears.
• Barney and Friends-There is an episode of Barney and Friends that defines who a dentist is and why kids should have healthy teeth. It is a good episode because it shows kids how important it is to be taking care of their teeth. Barney even sings a song about brushing teeth with his friends. Your kids will probably love it so much, they’ll starting singing along as well.
• Berenstain Bears-There is a book about the Berenstain Bears where the bear sister and brother pay a visit to a dentist for tooth removal. This book encourages kids by making them know that other kids are taking their dental care seriously. While the bear sister and bear brother are initially scared of going to the dentist, they both have pleasant experiences and look forward to their next visit!
• Little Critters-Little Critters has a book about a little critter that has a cavity which needs to be filled. The dentist explains to him why he should have the cavity filled. It is a captivating story that will teach your kids about cavities and how to avoid them.